Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: President/CEO
Pay Classification: Salaried – Exempt
The Human Resources Generalist oversees all Human Resource functions and miscellaneous administrative functions for the credit union. The position maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and takes appropriate actions to keep NCU in compliance. The position also advises the President/CEO and management teams on issues relating to personnel and the work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain a knowledge about personnel laws and regulations, ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws.
Advise and coach Management Staff in matters relating to personnel issues.
Recruits, interviews and hiring. Responsible for coordinating and scheduling of new hire onboarding.
Maintain confidential personal files. Administer and monitor the CU’s time and attendance system.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
High school diploma or GED
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is desirable, but not required
One year of direct experience complying with Human Resources laws and regulations, as well as Human Resources best practices is required.
Who is Northwoods?
NCU is a credit union is a financial services coop, offering many banking services. We pride ourselves on getting to know our members, leading to life-long relationships providing services throughout all the stages of their lives.
Founded in 1936, NCU currently operates out of two offices in Cloquet, MN a facility in Moose Lake, MN and a facility in Floodwood, MN.
Always remember, we have "Members" not "Customers"
Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity
Northwoods Credit Union is an equal employment opportunity employer and will strive not to discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
A) Northwoods Credit Union will take affirmative action to:
1. Recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal law, except where abona fide occupational qualification applies;
2. Make employment decisions to further the principle of equal employment opportunities;
3. Ensure promotion decisions are in accordance with the principles of equal employment by imposing only valid requirements for advancement opportunities;
4. Ensure that all personnel programs such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, training, education, and social and recreational programs will be administered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veterans status, or condition protected by applicable state or federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
B) Management is responsible for ensuring the lawful and equitable treatment of all employees through:
1. The practice of quality of opportunity for all people;
2. The recruitment and selection of personnel on the basis of an individual's qualifications for the position being filled;
3. The review of employees' qualifications to determine that their skills and training are properly utilized and that the proper compensation is provided for the duties performed;
4. The assistance to employees through training, development, and education to achieve their full potential;
5. In the event of a government audit, investigation, or charge, all such matters will be referred to the appropriate member of management. Retaliatory action against an employee for exercising his or her statutory right will not be tolerated, and disciplinary action will be taken against any supervisor who is found to violate this policy.